How Drinking Raisin Water Can Help Detox and Cleanse Your Liver
We often take our livers for granted by consuming harmful substances in our bodies such as excess amounts of alcohol. There is even a condition which is known as Non-Alcoholic Liver Disease that can be caused by consuming products with added fried foods, sugar, excess salt and red meat.
These things have been reported to cause liver damage over time, and are things that people consume frequently.
So, what’s the big secret behind raisin water? Experts believe that drinking raisin water stimulates certain biochemical processes in the liver, which help it more effectively remove toxins from your bloodstream. The minerals and vitamins in grapes make raisin water a nutritional powerhouse for the liver.
Following this treatment in just 4 days will help improve your digestion to give you more energy. Therefore, what are you waiting for?
Raisin Water Recipe:
-150 grams Raisins
-2 cups Water (400 ml)
- Choose your raisins carefully. Don’t use the very bright, shiny ones. The gloss is the result of chemical treatments that are applied to make the raisins more attractive. Look for raisins that are darker in color, and is neither too hard or soft. Choose whole raisins that are free of debris and dirt.
- Rinse the raisins using tap water, then set aside.
- Boil 2 cups water.
- Add the raisins and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, you can now remove the pan from the stove. Then leave the raisins to soak overnight.
- The next morning, strain the water from the raisins. Then heat some of the water.
- You can drink the water warm or hot. Just make sure to drink it on an empty stomach or right after you wake up. Then, wait for at least 30-35 minutes before eating breakfast.
- Do this for at least several days in a row. Prepare your raisin water at night, so that it will be ready to drink the minute you wake up the next morning.
- Follow this regimen for at least 4 days. Choose the darkest raisins, while also making sure they have not gone through any processing that could be harmful to your health. Buy organic raisins, or at least look for a source that does not use any pesticides or chemicals.
- You can use this treatment at least once a month, and has no side negative effects. The most important part is that you get all the benefits of raisins, while avoiding their high sugar content.
Benefits of Raisin Water:
1. Detox the Body
Liver and kidney are one of the most important organs present in your body, which helps cleanse your blood, removes all the toxins and heavy metals present in the body.
But because of some bad food habits, and consumption of fatty foods these functions are inhibited. Drinking raisin water can solve these problems very effectively.
2. Improves Digestion
By drinking raisin water you can improve digestion, purify your bloodstream and your liver function. Drinking raisin water helps in segregating all the stomach acids that helps in absorbing the nutrients better, and process the food effectively.
These said benefits are noticeable 2 days after the consumption of raisin water.
3.Natural Source of Antioxidants
Raisins are one of the best sources of antioxidants present in nature. Basically, raisins are just dried grapes, grapes which are rich in bioflavonoid that strengthens your body’s immune system . Also, it protects your body from various free radicals.